Are you looking for a dentist in Port Macquarie? Are you overwhelmed by the pick of dentists near you? Perhaps you don’t know where to start or want to be extremely confident in the dentist you choose. Whatever the reason, the easiest way to find a dentist is by simply Googling “find a dentist near me.” Of course, the most popular commercial search engine on the planet will yield a ton of results. However, the easiest way is not always the best way.
For the best results, there are important factors to consider before deciding which dentist will be the best fit. A careful, detailed search using these factors will better partner you with a professional who cares about your overall health and guides you toward excellent dental care.
Your Dental Home Away from Home
Since your dental health is such a crucial part of the overall picture of your health, having a dental home away from home means that there is always a professional looking out for you and your best interest.
The ideal dental home allows you to make an appointment and receive safe and trusted treatments for anything from regular cleanings to more specialized procedures such as dental veneers, to emergency treatments. The following guide discusses how to find the best dental fit for you in Port Macquarie.
The first thing you want to do is to get started with the basics. Seeing your dentist regularly will help you maintain that healthy smile you desire. Start by choosing a dental professional that works best with your lifestyle and dental care requirements. Factors to consider include:
- Are office hours and days they keep convenient and a fit for your lifestyle?
- Is it easy to get to them from your home or job?
- Is the dentist in your dental insurance network, and are they taking new patients?
- Does the practice have translation or interpreter services? Excellent communication between patient and doctor is always critical.
- Is the dentist a member of ADA/QIP?
- Does the dentist keep up with post-graduate CPD training to keep current with the latest treatment options?
Start Your Search
Now that the basics are out of the way, you can begin the “finding a dentist near me search.” As you start your search, you’ll probably notice advertisements online, on billboards, in the newspaper, and even on flyers that go to your mailbox.
Social media sites, and as we mentioned before, Google search engine results will yield patient reviews and information about dentist offices near you. In regards to online reviews, every patient’s experiences and dental health needs are their own.
In light of that, the following are some excellent resources to use in your search:
- Ask your colleagues, friends, relatives, or neighbors, particularly those with the pearly whites that blind you, about the dentist they use.
- Use the Australian Dental Association. You can use their Find a Dentist Tool and search by location, specialty, and dentist’s name.
- Once you’ve found a few good leads, visit the dentists’ Websites and see if they are on social media to learn more.
- Look for ‘Dental Surgeons’ in the yellow pages to find out which dentists perform specialized services such as 24-hour emergency dental treatment.
- Check the NSW Government for eligibility for their public dental health services if you don’t have benefits or have difficulty affording dental services.
- Call the dentist’s office you are thinking about making your home away from home with for information and recommendations. They often have dental payment plans you can qualify for and other helpful services available.
Picking Your Dentist in Port Macquarie
Before making your first appointment, don’t feel shy about calling and asking to meet with the dentist and staff for a consultation. Star Dental Care in Port Macquarie often recommends finding the right fit between you and the dentists on your list by visiting them first.
During the consultation, you’ll also be able to note if the dental office is welcoming, neat, and comfortable. Dr. Jeremy Rourke of Star Dental Care says, “We’re not the kind of dental practice where everything is hurried. Treating patients as we would treat a guest in our own home is our mission.”
Dr. Rourke also encourages anyone looking to settle on a dentist to share any concerns or past dental experiences, especially if they are anxious. Your dental healthcare is vital, so make sure the dentist understands they are your trusted advisor and partner in the journey to better health. “They should understand and address any concerns and questions you have,” Dr. Rourke adds.
Phone Star Dental Care at 65836111 to schedule your visit or appointment or even let us help you with the “finding a dentist near me” steps. We’re happy to help!
My name is Jeremy Rourke. I’m part of a family of dentists with my father, brother, cousin and nephew also being dentists. I won a University of Sydney Dental Alumni prize for being the top student in my year and graduated with Honours in 1971. I have been a Registered dentist for over 40 years. In that time I have created a few “firsts” in my efforts to stay ahead.