At Star Dental we pride ourselves on being able to make our patients feel at home and comfortable visiting our office, easing common fears that are often associated with going to a dentist. Dental surgery is a word that nobody wants to think about and even less wants to have done, but in any case of accident or injury, there is sometimes a need. At Star Dental there are three basic types of services offered: Cosmetic, Family, and Emergency. Most basic fears of a dentist come from some bad experiences of not having a gentle dentist. Any oral surgeon needs to be able to perform necessary oral surgeries, but able to comfort and ease any anxiety of a patient that is requiring the surgery in the first place.
So what exactly are some of the services offered under Cosmetic Surgery, and Oral Surgery and why might you need them, you ask?
- Home teeth whitening may be required for someone who may have stained teeth as a result of drinking stained beverages such as coffee, tea, or carbonated soft drinks.
- Dental Implants are great for seniors who may have to have their teeth pulled due to disease, cavities and so forth. A great alternative to the dentures that you have to remove.
- Crowns are required for those with chipped teeth and those with cavities to name a few.
- Root Canal treatment, often the result of teething growing incorrectly often times associated with the wisdom teeth.
- Tooth extraction which occurs in the removal of teeth that need to be removed for numerous reasons.
- Wisdom teeth extraction, often a problem starting in late teens and sometimes into adulthood. Some wisdom teeth don’t bother anyone while other times they need to be surgically removed.
Some of these terms can be a little confusing and to clear any of that up we are going to provide a little information.
- Crowns: Also known as caps are a false covering on the top of a tooth that replaces where a tooth could have been drilled. Often requires filing the tooth to fit the shape of the crown.
- Dentures: Also known as false teeth are attached to the gums using one of a few different methods to replace removed teeth.
With proper tooth care and regular visits to the dentist, you can avoid many of these services that can all be found at Star Dental. It’s important to keep regular check up’s and brush thoroughly after each meal while avoiding access sugar.
Spelling and Grammar check by Grammarly