Emergency Dentist in Port Macquarie
You have reached the webpage of the Emergency Dentist Port MacquarieIn case of damage to a tooth such as caused by a sports injury or accident please IMMEDIATELY consult the Dental TraumaGuide DentalTraumaGuide.org or use the The Dental Trauma App Accidents happen, knowing what to do when one occurs can mean the difference between saving or losing a tooth.
Tips for Common Dental Emergencies We Treat
- For a knocked-out tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket, wash the root in unflavoured milk if possible without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your cheek and gums, or in unflavoured milk, or use a tooth preserving solution like Hank’s Balanced Salt solution or a Save-a-Tooth Kit. PHONE 0459.777.611 NOW
- Get to our office right away Monday to Friday
- Weekends PHONE 0459.777.611
- For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
- If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area gently with water and apply a cold compress.
- For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it out. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
- For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.
There are a number of simple precautions you can take to avoid accident and injury to the teeth:
- Wear a mouthguard when participating in sports or recreational activities.
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels and hard candy, all of which can crack a tooth.
- ALWAYS use scissors, and NEVER your teeth, to cut things.
Have a Toothache? We Can Help!
If you’re experiencing pain, it’s likely a result of caries, or infection of some kind if not the result of a injury or fall. Below you’ll find a list common dental emergencies we are equipped to handle and treat here at Star Dental
Oral / Dental Abscesses – Usually characterized by spontaneous pain, and throbbing, abscesses are usually treated with Root Canals, or tooth extraction
Tooth Fracture – Broken, chipped, or fractured teeth can happen at any time, from anything from biting down on a piece of candy, to more serious injuries like car accidents and more.
Missing / Knocked Out Teeth – More common with sports injuries, once a tooth is knocked out its imperative you get yourself and your tooth to a dentist as soon as possible.
Loose Tooth After Injury – If you have been injured, and you find that one of your teeth is loose, get to our office so we can potentially save your tooth utilizing splinting.
When you have a dental emergency, it’s important to visit a dentist or an emergency room as soon as possible.
- We reserve time in our schedule each day for emergency patients.
- Call us ASAP ( 6583.6111 ) and provide as much detail as possible about your condition.
Emergency Dentist Port Macquarie Phone Monday to Friday on 02-6583-6111